The 3D Lab was inaugurated last week, and has been well received by the press.
In a nutshell the 3D Lab has been built to encourage best practices in stereoscopic 3D production.
Production studios and professionals from the GCC, Arabian gulf region, and India have already shown keen interest to attend workshops to be conducted at the 3D Lab, and to meet like minded professionals in this collaborative environment.
Mutually beneficial Opportunity:
The 3DLab welcomes hardware and software manufacturers to place on permanent loan, equipment and NFR versions of software, which will be exposed to regional production houses and potential clients.
The 3DLab can act as showcase and will not be polarized or biased toward any one technology or vendor.
Feel free to contact Clyde in this regard.
More on the 3DLab in pictures: http://bit.ly/rsray9
Current equipment and facilities in the 3DLab
- ET Quasar Rig (for broadcast 3DTV and cinema configs)
- Panasonic AG3DA1
- Prosumer 3D cameras from Sony and GOPro
- Digital Projection’s Titan 2K 3D projector
- Real D polarizer projection system
- JVC professional 3D monitors
- Cineform NEO 3D (full license)
- The Foundry NUKE + Ocula (full license)
- Classroom collaborative environment for workshops.
- Studio zone, Hardware beta test zone and dedicated Software sandbox area.
Areas of exploration and interest:
- Laser scanning and data set visualization
- Stereoscopic Caves
- 3D Rigs
- Camera systems
- Virtual Sets and Realtime tracking
- Broadcast 3DTV infra structure and workflows
- Stereo 3D gaming
Clyde DeSouza can be reached at Real Vision at [email protected] – The Real Vision site is at: RealVision.ae Knowledge Base and stereoscopic 3D Blog